Tuesday, December 24, 2013

52 Tuesday's: Favorite CHRISTMAS Thrifts #25



What: awful acrylic Christmas sweater
Where: no idea...it was too long ago
Level of Love: off the charts

I've had this sweater for over 10 years. I can't remember exactly when or where I got it. My last firm, far back memory was of wearing it to a Christmas party during my freshman year of college. I know it was not a new (to me) sweater at that time either. It spends most of the year packed away in a plastic tote with the rest of my winter garb but emerges for a few months a year to shine during the holiday season. I even have last year's Christmas post to prove it. There's just something so deliciously tacky about it, right down to to 100% acrylic yarn. I know I must have bought this before I turned into a full-on fiber geek because I wouldn't buy an acrylic sweater today no matter how fantastic the print. This guy made the cut way back when though, and now I just can't seem to get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment