Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Green Apple a Day Reflections

A favorite random picture of myself from last year. Making 4th of July cherry pie in a Grandma Schoeneck apron. 


It's been over a year now since I started this blog. It's been an incredibly fun project and one that I plan to continue. I started this space with two main objectives. One was to create a journal for myself. I wanted to keep writing and to have a place to record our lives. I've always loved to write and I think especially when I started this blog I needed a place to just let that loose - no strings attached. A place to just write creatively and with no rules. Just for fun. I've also always wanted to be more of a journaler but never found the motivation to stick with it on my own. This space creates accountability to sit down, record, share, and then reflect on our lives. I've had so much fun randomly browsing through old posts to remind myself of our year.

Second, I really wanted a place that enabled me to connect and share with family and friends who are no longer geographically near. When Kevin and I moved from Wisconsin to Washington it meant that we'd inherently be spending less time with lots of people that mean so much to us. While we do try to visit, call, email, and write as much as possible, it's also impractical to think we're going to touch base with everyone twice or even once a week. This space was my way to say "look, here's what we're up to" at that frequency and at everyone's own pace. What has truly surprised and delighted me to no end is how many of you have taken me up on that offer. Thank you thank you thank you for taking the time to visit me here. It truly means so much to me to know you're reading. I love you all!

Finally, I've been thinking a lot about goals for this blog in its second year. I'm keeping the list short and simple to give myself a realistic chance of fulfilling it. Here's what I've come up with:

  • Post at least as many or preferably more posts each month this year than I did in the same month last year. 
  • Food. Share more recipes and more in general of what we eat, both at home and out and about. This is something I haven't done much of on this space, but food is something I care passionately about and genuinely love. To eat and to make. So, you can expect more food related posts in the coming year. 
With that said, is there anything you'd like to see more of (or less of) on this blog? Feel free to leave a comment or email to let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment