Friday, January 3, 2014

Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas


First food post of the year! Wahooo!

This recipe is from familystyle food, and I made it almost exactly as written. I did end up leaving off the extra herbs and squeeze of lemon because this was more of a scraped together dinner than a planned one. Also, I probably just used whatever kind of onion we had on hand.



This is a fairly new to us recipe, but it was so good that it's going straight into the regular meal rotation. It's got all the things that I love about a good vegetarian recipe. Plenty of protein and veg, a simple list of ingredients, and such a "pow" of flavor that you wouldn't even dream of missing the meat. Plus, minus the cauliflower and feta, all the other ingredients are things I generally have stocked in the pantry anyway (and by pantry I mean the huge corner cupboard with pivoting shelves where I hoard cans of chickpeas and bags of potatoes). We also still have an almost full jar of the most amazing harissa left from our Tunisia trip. Just a tablespoon makes everything magic. You can also find very good harissa at many Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, or African food stores. Or you can make your own. It's a wonderful condiment to have on hand. We love it on eggs, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment