Sunday, February 3, 2013

All Dressed Up


A few weeks ago we got all dressed up for Kevin's holiday work party. He got to break out the suit and hand knit tie and I got to pull a silk dress and heels out of the back of the closet. Being that it's still winter here, I was struggling to find an outfit that was both pretty and warm. An extensive try-on session ensued. This dress was the obvious choice because it's got elbow length sleeves and I had the tights to match. But what to put over the dress? My normally trusty cardigans were failing me. Enter wonderful neighbor Sarah with this gorgeous cropped silk blazer. It was absolutely perfect with the dress. Thanks again Sarah!

All in all it was a great night out with Kevin's work folk. I met lots of people I had only known before by name and enjoyed their company very much. Good food, good drinks, good people. Holiday party success.

No comments:

Post a Comment