Tuesday, February 12, 2013

52 Tuesdays: Favorite Thrifts #2


What: Liz Claiborne Yellow 80's Pumps
Where: Fremont Sunday Market
Level of Love: 8 of 10. While I do LOVE these little pumps, I have them an 8 because they're not super versatile and they're a teeny tiny bit small. I've got a bad habit of buying shoes that are just a bit too small for me. However, I did wear these ALL night the evening we went to Kevin's company party, and my feet were just fine. My feet were just the tiniest bit squishy. It did feel nice to take them off though ;) I of course couldn't pass them up because they're my favorite color and they have such a beautiful silhouette. Sure, the edgy cut out is pretty 80's but I'm okay with that. There's also a bit of a back story to my endless search for the perfect pair of golden yellow pumps. You see, I had the perfect pair once. They were Cobbie Cuddlers, they were the perfect size, and they were super comfy. I mean, the kind of comfy where I could wear them all day at work on a Friday, then put them on again the next day and wear them straight through a wedding. That's not just a metaphor either. That really happened. However, they met their fate that evening when we got home from the wedding and I tiredly kicked them off and carelessly left them in the middle of the living room. When we all woke up the next morning, they were chewed to bits by a (usually sweet) doggy who was all stressed out from being left home all day while we were all out for the wedding. No worries though, I have no hard feelings against either the doggy or the wedding couple (your wedding so so much fun Deb and Russ!) and I'd like to say once and for all that my yellow pumps have been much satisfactorily replaced! The search has ended.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment