Tuesday, February 26, 2013

52 Tuesdays: Favorite Thrifts #4

What: Descoware Pie Carrier
Where: Antique store somewhere in Washington
Level of Love: 7 of 10

This may technically be a cake carrier. However, I like to make pie more than cake. Therefore, it is a pie carrier. I had been looking for a pie carrier for a bit when I found this one. Pies are sort of a hard thing to transport. I had been taking them places in our picnic basket, which was fitting since pies and picnics are best friends, but one pie would pretty much take up most of the useful space in the basket. Didn't leave much room for the potato salad if you know what I mean. Now, the pies have their very own vehicle and the picnic basket is free for all those other picnic-y things. Being a cake carrier (yes, I admit it) it's pretty tall, so when I use it in conjunction with an upside down tart pan it can carry two whole pies. Magic. The reason I gave it a seven is because it has one big downside. The little metal clasp things that hold the top onto the bottom are not very powerful. And the handle is attached to the top. Meaning you would carry it by the top. Do you see where this is going? Luckily I discovered this hazard while carrying it out of the shop, still pie-less. As the bottom detached itself from the top by the sheer force of gravity and went crashing onto the concrete, I made a mental note to always carry it by holding it from the bottom instead of using the handle on the top. Or to secure it with some sort of other contraption. Either way, pie-on-sidewalk crisis averted. However, I'm still keeping an eye out for other potential pie carriers that might not have this hazard. I'd probably part with this one if I found that sort of thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment