Wednesday, January 8, 2014

December in Instagrams

December is my birthday month. While some people might think having a December birthday is not great (you know...because of that other holiday), I like it. It just makes the festive season seem longer and better. Here's our month in here-and-there pictures:

1) Our Christmas tree! Foraged and tagged from the Mt. Baker Snoqualmie National Forest. 2) Grandma's beads and my new pair of Gingher scissors for a Friday movie / knitting night at our regular haunt. 3) Best. Breakfast. Ever. I call it egg in a frame. 4) Woke up to a very unexpected few inches of snow. It was gone by lunch time but beautiful while it lasted. Coincidentally, this was the morning I had to take our little car to the garage (just an oil change). Yeah, I went anyway. Pshaw snow.



1) Mom found and sent me a ceramic lighted Christmas tree just like I'd been wishing for! 2) Got this guy back from his business trip to China and couldn't be happier. Lattes all around! 3) Sadly, I wasn't able to finish Kevin's sweater in time for Christmas....so I wrapped up a nearly completed sweater. 4) Out annual batch of Cullen Skink.


This last group of photos are from our California road trip. I'll be sharing lots more (pictures and stories) about that trip soon. These are just a taste.

1) Crescent City! Our first stop after crossing into northern California. The coast! 2) A walk through Redwood National Park. 3) One of our first views of the coast after rounding a spectacular corner on Hwy 1. 4) Brunch in San Francisco. This one is from Serpentine.

No comments:

Post a Comment