Tuesday, April 23, 2013

52 Tuesdays: Favorite Thrifts #9



What: Double Spouted Stovetop Espresso Maker
Where: West Seattle thrift store
Level of Love: 9 of 10

This little guy. He has truly grown on me since we first bought him. I will admit I was super skeptical when Kevin showed me this contraption at the thrift. I mean, it's kina weird, right? I'm used to stovetop espresso makers looking more like this. And the thing is, we had one of those for awhile and we got rid of it because we never used it. However, we've started to use this little guy quite a bit lately, and there's no denying that it's pretty adorable and more than a little magical. The simplicity is what I find magical. As you can see, it's got these two perfect little spouts. You unscrew the top, fill the bottom with water, pack the coffee in the basket thing that sits over the water, screw the top back on, put it on the stove, and all of a sudden two perfect little streams of espresso start filling the little demitasse cups that sit ever so neatly on the base. Oh and the text. You can't see it in this photo, but it's got this written underneath where the cups are sitting, which I find wildly amusing: Brevetto OMG Mignon 2 Tazze.

I'm giving it a nine just because I have a low tolerance for espresso. I can only handle one or two a week, and then it's weak drip coffee for me. Lame, I know. It' really not your fault little OMG.




3 comments:

  1. Too cute!! what a great find! I don't think I saw one like that even in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it! It was just too unique to pass up : )

    ReplyDelete