Tuesday, April 16, 2013

52 Tuesdays: Favorite Thrifts #8


What: Vintage Wrangler Shirt (for Kevin)
Where: Bethesda Thrift Store, Wisconsin Rapids
Level of Love: Off the charts

This is my first post dedicated to an item of clothing, and it's probably the best item of clothing I've ever thrifted for Kevin. He loves it. Gets worn at least once a week. Perfect fit, perfect softness, and a lovely handsome plaid color combo. I love finding awesome things for Kevin, probably even more than finding things for myself. It's so much more rare to find fantastic vintage mens clothing, so I get more satisfaction from the "find". Plus, I really enjoy giving gifts. There's nothing better than seeing something, knowing it's just perfect for someone, then seeing the look in their eyes that tells you they love it just as much as you thought they would. Out-of-the-blue gifts are the best. Like when I come home from a thrift, pull something out from behind my back for Kev, and he goes "Wow! That's so cool!" (insert beaming wifey here). 

I snapped this shirt off the rack during a trip home to Wisconsin last winter. Remember Wisconsin friends? We had a mini friend reunion hosted by Kari, which of course had to include thrifting. Who can pass up some good Wisconsin thrifts with good friends?!? Other Wisconsin musts include: one or more favorite eateries (in Rapids that means Misty's Menu for us), Spotted Cow, cheese (I know, it's stereotypical...but it's true). Preferably the cheese comes in the form of deep fried cheese curds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment