Monday, April 7, 2014

Ode to Magnolia

This is sort of a follow up post to my earlier spring preview. As hoped, we did make it back to the Arboretum to see the Magnolias in bloom. This particular trip was taken with our good friend Rachel, who happened to be visiting from Portland on a glorious Sunday and thus made our walk in the park extra sweet.




Arn't Magnolia trees the best! I just love them. Possibly even more than the cherry trees. I love how their blossoms come out entirely before their leaves (at least here), making it seems like they are just a tree of flowers. I love how gargantuan their blossoms are, especially the pale pink ones. The petals are just huge and so thick you almost think they're made of fabric. I don't remember seeing many magnolia trees in Northern Wisconsin (although they may be there?) so to me they seem like a Seattle "thing". A Seattle thing that means spring! Hurray for less grey and more blue ski days to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment