Tuesday, July 9, 2013

52 Tuesdays: Favorite Thrifts #14 - Travel Edition



What: Wedge Loafers
Where: Savers in Eau Claire, WI
Level of Love: 5 out of 10

First, I am currently travelling far from home for work, so this week's favorite thrift feature was selected from among my travel belongings. I think it makes a thing extra favorite when you take it travelling with you, right?

I purchased these wonderful wedge loafers pretty recently when we stopped at an old favorite thrift store in Eau Claire while driving from my hometown area in Northern Wisconsin to catch a flight from Minneapolis to Seattle. This is one of my all time favorite thrift stores from our college years. It just always seems to be stocked with some pretty awesome finds. I'm thinking back to numerous items of vintage clothing and my first ever thrifted piece of vintage Fiestaware (the gold creamer you can just catch a glimpse of in this previous post).

I really love these shoes. They're super comfortable, are in really good shape, and I think they go with everything. Plus, even though the wedge is pretty teeny and made out of rubber, I still kinda feel like I'm "wearing heels" when I put them on. If it were completely up to me, I'd give them a ten out of ten. However, this thing called marriage is a two way street, and this husband of mine isn't as big of a fan. Thus, they get only half of a ten. At the store, I recall him telling me I shouldn't buy them because they were too "granny". Whatever. I like granny and I think they're fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment